Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Friday 11 September 2015

Arranging Piotrs' funeral, the 31st March 2009 , what I knew at the time

On the 30st March 2009, I went to buy Piotrs' little hat and clothes for his burial.

At the end of this post I have put a photograph of my beautiful son Piotr , as he lay in his open coffin prior to his burial. This photograph is, at once, horrific, horrendous, but yet it is also a picture of a sweet innocent child, seemingly at peace, seemingly sleeping.

I brought his clothes to the Mortuary in the late afternoon of the 31st March, where the Staff dressed him fully. Again I held Piotr in my arms, his little body now dressed, his injuries barely visible.

I had bought Piotr a little hat because his head was terribly injured and bruised, as I had seen on the night of his death. I wanted to cover these injuries, I wanted him to look beautiful. This may sound in some way unusual, but readers this was my son, my beautiful son, and I wanted him to have dignity.

He was dressed all in white, a picture of innocence and, seemingly, peace.

I left that Mortuary bereft, empty, shocked.

What I did not know then, what I would not know fully for perhaps a year, was, as I was going through this agony on the 31st March 2009, a parallel day was playing out, involving the Polish Police, State Prosecutors, Criminality and horrifically, my son Piotr having a post-mortem, and no one informing me, not his Mother, not the State, not the Hospital, and so much more.

I detail in my next post what also occurred in this paralel world on the 31st March 2009, which at the time I was completely ignorant of, had no idea of, and of which his Mother told me nothing. She had good reason to lie to me then, and lie for the next 6 years, to try to cover up the truth, as later I would find out, and her actions No one could ever consider anything other than criminal, inhumane and indeed barbaric.

                                                         This my beautiful son Piotr.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.