Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Monday 7 September 2015

Piotr's funeral and his grave on the day of his burial. POST 2

 
 
When Piotr was laid to rest on the 1st April 2009, this was his grave.
 
 
 
As I lowered him into the ground, myself, in his tiny white casket, I vowed to give him a place of true rest, of peace, a place where he would have some dignity, a dignity denied to him by his brutal death.
 
A dignity that would be denied to him by The Polish State
 
A dignity that would be denied to him by Prokurator Rejonowa Gorlice
(The Prosecutors office in Gorlice)
 
A dignity that would be denied to him by the Police in Gorlice
 
A dignity denied to him by Prokurator Rejonowa Nowy Sacz
(The Prosecutors office in Nowy Sacz)
 
A dignity that has been denied to Piotr to this day 
 
That dignity that can only come with the truth
 
That dignity that can only come with Justice
 
A dignity that my beautiful son Piotr, and I, his Father, still wait for.
 
A dignity that I have fought more than 6 years to achieve
 
 

                                                               Piotr's grave at night.


 
Piotr's grave in the days following his being laid to rest. 
I tried to make his place of rest as "nice" as I could in the days following Piotr's burial, sure that I could give him the best memorial possible in the weeks that followed.
I was wrong, Oliwia Oleksyk made sure of that. 


 
 
 
 
 
 Polish winter sets on Piotr's grave.
 
A winter on his grave, on his memory, on his dignity, on me as a Father, a winter that continues more than 6 years after his death 
 
 
 
These photographs I took in the days following Piotrs funeral, at that time, I was devastated at seeing, and knowing, the brutal injuries that caused my innocent sons' death, I had so many questions,
I was completely unaware of the hell that would soon be visited upon me, and the memory of my beautiful son Piotr.
A hell that has continued to this day.
 
Part 3 of this blog will be posted, with photographs in the coming days,  
 
 
For more background on the tragedy of Piotrs' death, the brutal violation of Piotr's memory, the incompetence, ignorance and abuses of the Polish Prosecution Service, the Polish Police, my fight for Justice and the appalling injustices suffered, please visit the following links:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.